Exploring the island on foot is one of the highlights of Tenerife. IMPORTANT! Bring suitable footwear! Here are some of our favourite tours:
- Chinyero -3.5 hour circular walk around the Chinyero volcano. Partly in the forest and partly in the lava field.
- Teno Alto - about 3 hours there and back. The entrance is a small car park. From there the trail starts half left towards Teno Alto. The path leads along the climatic divide between the north and south of the island and ends in the small mountain village of Teno Alto. There you can enjoy typical Canarian cuisine in the only restaurant.
- Caserio Los Partidos - various tours can be started from here. Depending on your mood, you can simply take a walk here and then enjoy a Canarian meal in the small country hotel. You can also start longer hikes from here. Among other things, you can also reach the circular route around the Chinyero from here (see above).
- Pasaje Lunar - the tour to the moon rocks is a little more demanding. The entrance to Pasaje Lunar is in Vilaflor, the highest village in Spain at an altitude of about 1400 metres. The ascent is over 600 metres in altitude and you should plan on a good 6 hours there and back.
- Ifonche - here you walk through the forest and can enjoy spectacular views above the Barranco de Inferno. Not very demanding and relatively short. (1-2 hours).
- Barranco de Infierno - a beautiful hike in a gorge that ends at a waterfall. Depending on the season, there is not much water in the gorge and the waterfall is accordingly thin. As rock falls can occur after rainfall, the gorge is closed on such days. To protect nature, only 20 people are let in every half hour and you have to book in advance for a small fee.